Pages

August 10, 2010

'Gardeners' Gone Bad

I use the terms gardeners loosely. As we have some folks who come and mow our lawns, but never do any actual landscaping.

That is, until last night. When I came home and they had decided for some bizarre reason to mow, I assume, as they have no other landscaping equiptment, the small garden along the edge of the above ground pool.



Why? I have no idea. The area looks less weedy than many other areas of the yard that they ignore week after week. As a matter of fact, MY VERY FIRST SUNFLOWER had just burst into bloom two days ago.What did they do after they destroyed all of my sunflowers and cosmo's? They left them laying in the grass to remind me of the devastation every time I look outside the window.

Its one of those weeks when forces beyond my control have quelled my desire to be in the garden. The birds will be sad too as I had save the sunflowers & cosmo seeds for birdseed.